Trusting Enough To Tithe

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” Malachi 3:10


This is the only place in the Bible where God tells us to test Him.  God invites us to test Him because the real issue is not money, but trust. When we commit to give 10% of our income – the tithe – to the Lord we are challenged to trust His faithfulness to meet our needs with the remaining 90%.


When I give, I put myself in position to trust God to meet all my needs. Who better to trust? When we trust God with our tithe, He says he will pour out blessing. Pour means to flow, to empty, to stream. Not just financially, but in our relationships, our families, our work… every area of our lives. It’s a promise He made and God keeps His promises.